Top Reasons to Adopt from Lizzy’s Lodge Rescue
1. You are saving a dog. When you adopt from us, you are saving the life of a dog who would otherwise be euthanized. Most of our dogs are rescued from kill-shelters when their time to be adopted by the public runs out. By adopting one of these dogs, you are giving a home to a dog who deserves a second chance!
2. We know our dogs. All of our dogs are either in foster homes or are boarded by a family-run facility. Because of that, we know our dogs well–we know how well they are potty trained, what their energy level and exercise needs are, how much they like other dogs, cats, and kids, and all of their little quirks. We relay all of this information to people interested in adopting a dog. By adopting from us, you know exactly what you are getting into and you can find the best match for your household. If you get a dog from a shelter (which is great!) or buy a dog, you don’t always know if the dog will be a good match for you and your family.
3. We will provide you with support. We know that having a new dog can be stressful, and we are here to provide support. Whether it is advice for getting rid of a bad habit, recommendations for veterinarians and obedience classes, individual training assistance, or help getting your new dog to get along with your current pets, we are here to provide advice and resources long after you adopt.
4. We make a lifelong commitment to the dog. We know that adopting a dog for the rest of its life is a big commitment, and unfortunately unexpected events happen. If you adopt from us and encounter life circumstances that prevent you from keeping your rescue dog, we will welcome him/her back. We commit to our dogs for the duration of their life if needed.
5. Our dogs are healthy. All of our dogs have been spayed/neutered, microchipped, brought up-to-date on all shots, and are on heartworm prevention and flea and tick prevention. This makes adopting a new companion much less stressful–no worries about multiple vet appointments or additional medical expenses. Every adopter receives all of the vet records and any other information we have concerning your new family member.
To find out more about adopting from Lizzy’s Lodge Rescue, email email@example.com